Running a business - whatever type of business it may be - is not an easy task to do as this involves all the complexities of B2B and B2C relation. This is the main reason why every step you make, as a business owner, needs careful planning before it is executed to ensure that no problem will arise along the way. You need to make it sure that all transactions you make comply with all the legalities and technicalities as mandated under the law. But how can you do that when you are not an expert in business law? Well, business lawyers (persons who specialize in business law) can surely help you on that and there are many good business law firms in town that offer legal services for various businesses. But what are these legal services you can get from these firms? You can have the following:
- Licensing - this is one of the primary requirements when putting up a business and a business lawyer is the right person that you should work with when obtaining license to operate, he can give you legal advice and can work in your behalf to ensure that your business complies with the licensing laws.
- Entity Formation and Infrastructure - under this service, a business law firm can assist you with the formation and dissolution of various forms of entities. It can also help for the establishment of the right infrastructure based upon your business' needs. Legal works such as shareholder agreements, buy-sell agreements, stock option plans are some areas that a business lawyer can help you with.
- Mergers and Acquisitions - you can ask for help in dealing the difficult process of closing mergers, acquisitions, and other similar transactions.
- Commercial Transactions - a business lawyer can also help to address your need in negotiations, structuring and implementation of various commercial transactions (e.g. manufacturing, development, consulting, and distribution agreement).
- Capital Raising - a business law firm can also help you with business transactions like debt and securities and other private placements. It can also help in preparing the necessary legal requirements that must be complied with before staging any capital raising transactions.
- Bid Protests and Dispute Resolution - this is another service you can get; they can also represent you in dealing with the complex process of bid protests and dispute resolution, which could include prosecuting and defending your business based on your legal rights.